Out Of The Box Cornbread (super cheat)
1 Box ready to bake cornbread (we used Jiffy)
1 Tablespoons butter
1-2 Tablespoons Habanero Hot Honey, Akron Urban Honey,, Raw Wildflower Honey
10 boneless pieces of chicken strips (save leftover chicken for more later)
2 Cups Low-Fat Buttermilk
1 Teaspoon Paprika
1 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
2 Tablespoons Salt
4 Teaspoons Black Pepper
4 Cups All Purpose Flour
Canola or Peanut Oil
3 Tablespoons Habanero Hot Honey, Raw Wildflower Honey, Bourbon Barrel Honey, Raw Wildflower Honey
- Open one can of ready made biscuit dough (POP!)
- Pull apart the individual pieces of dough and carefully place on baking sheet
- Leave an inch or two between biscuits
- Bake per instructions on the package
- Add the buttermilk, 1 tablespoon of the salt,1 teaspoon paprika and 2 teaspoons of the black pepper to a mixing bowl. Slowly Add the chicken thighs to a mixing bowl. Mix it up and make sure the chicken is covered with the buttermilk bath. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to marinate.
- Add the flour, 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper and remaining 1 tablespoon salt, 1 teaspoon paprika and 2 teaspoons black pepper to a baking dish. Using tongs, remove the chicken 2 to 3 pieces at a time and coat well in the seasoned flour. Be sure to press the flour into the meat and cover completely. Shake off excess and reserve on a baking sheet.
- When all the pieces of chicken are covered in the flour, add about an inch of oil to a heavy, deep frying pan. Over a medium-high flame, heat the oil to 375 F.
- Check to see if the oil is hot enough by dropping a pinch of flour in the oil. It should sizzle. Add the chicken, being careful not to overcrowd the pan, and cook for 7 to 8 minutes per side, or until the outside is browned and the meat is cooked through. The thickest part of the meat should register at least 165 F on a
- Remove the chicken. Place a paper towel on a plate to soak up any excess grease.
- Cut your cornbread into any size you want
- Cut each piece in half
- Add the delicious Fried Chicken Tenders to each piece of cornbread (one or two pieces)
- Finish with a heavy drizzle of our Bourbon Barrel Honey onto each piece of cornbread